Chloe’s favorite things at the moment are strawberries and flowers and that’s what she asked for on her cake this year. My mom delivered with this Strawberry Bundt Cake with a Strawberry Cream Cheese Glaze. The cream cheese glaze is nice because it is thick and has a wonderful weight to it where it doesn’t just fall off the cake. If you like cream cheese icing, which is definitely my preference, then you will really love this glaze, it’s gooey deliciousness.
My mom is known for her cakes and she was nice enough to share this recipe with me for you guys, so enjoy!
Bundt Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 cups of Flour sifted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of Strawberry extract
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
Bundt Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 300 Degrees
- Prepare bundt pan …liberally butter pan with butter and flour so it is ready to go
- Combine butter and sugar combine and mix in Kitchen Aide Mixer until smooth
- Add eggs one at a time to mixture of sugar and butter in mixer
- Once all above ingredients are incorporated alternately add the two following ingredients the cream and flour into the mixing blow with the mixed butter, sugar and eggs
- Lastly add the extracts and the strawberries below in the mixer and blend well.
- Finally pour into well-greased and floured Bundt pan and place in a 300-degree preheated oven for 90 minutes until done
Strawberry Cream Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup of fresh puréed strawberries
- 2 Cups of powdered sugar
- 3 Tsps of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of strawberry extract
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Strawberry Glaze Directions
- Place Strawberries, Powdered Sugar, Lemon Juice, & Strawberry Extract ingredients into a saucepan on stove top on low heat, then add the cream cheese and the heavy cream listed below and heat thoroughly until cream cheese is totally melted
- Then…use a measure cup Add I TBSP of corn starch or arrow root to a small amount of water to make a slurry then add to mixture and bring to simmer and stir until mixture thickens…You may have to add a bit more slurry mixture if the 1 TBSP with the water slurry is not enough…but remember it takes a little bit of stirring on the heated stove for the thickening to happen.
- When cake is done…let it cool and remove from pan.
- Once cooled, glaze cake with a spoon letting it drizzle over sides then garnish with pansies and fresh cut strawberries. Keep in fridge.
Including some fun bundt cake pans for the holidays!
It is yummy!