We are having Easter Dinner for both of our families and some friends this weekend. We put together the menu for our Saturday night keeping in mind there will be 10 people for dinner and wanted to make it as simple as possible.
Easter Dinner Main Course:
Spiral Cut Ham (Pre-Cooked Recipe)
- Preheat Oven to 250 Degrees F
- Place the ham flat or cut side down and bake uncovered.
- While the ham is cooking go ahead and make the glaze with the below ingredients
- Rule of thumb is 13-16 minutes per pound at the above temperature if it is a fully cooked spiral ham (check label to make sure).
- Once the internal temperature reaches 130-135 Degrees Fairenheit remove from oven
- Brush the ham generously with the glaze (I brush and then pour the rest over so there is no waste)
- Turn up the oven to 425 Degrees F, and caramelize for another 15 minutes.
- Rest about 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1/8 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard (This will cut the sweetness and add a tang)
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder (2 tablespoons if using minced fresh garlic)
Directions for Glaze:
- Combine Ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil and turn off stovetop
Brussel Sprout Salad with Bacon
- 1 Package of THICK cut bacon (the thicker the better)
- 1 Bag of shaved Brussel Sprouts
- Cherry Tomatos (halved)
- 1 Shallot (Minced)
- 3/4 Cup Organic Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1/4 C Balsamic
- 1/4 C Italian Dressing
- Cook Bacon to crisp and break up or chop into pieces
- Combine Salad ingredients in a large bowl set aside
- Take Dressing Ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and serve immedately
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 garlic cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 lb Russet Potatoes sliced using a mandolin or cut to 1/8″ thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups gruyere cheese (grated)
- 2 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Sauce: Combine butter, cream and garlic and Mix until well combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a baking dish, then pour over 1/3 of the Cream Mixture, shake with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups cheese.
- Repeat for the 2nd and third layer, but skip the cheese on the second layer & third layer.
- Cover & bake: Cover with lid or foil, and bake for 1 hr 15 min or until the potatoes in the middle are soft (use knife to test).
- Remove foil, top with cheese. Bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes until bubbly.
What else, but carrot cake?! I love the carrot cake from Southern Living below.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Buttermilk Glaze
- Cream Cheese Frosting
Step 1 Line 3 (9-inch) round cake pans with wax paper; lightly grease and flour wax paper. Set pans aside.
Step 2 Stir together first 4 ingredients.
Step 3 Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cakepans.
Step 4 Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Buttermilk Glaze Directions:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (take out 30 minute before)
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (take out 30 minutes before)
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.