5 Years ago I made my own Ivy Topiary and it’s still thriving on my front porch. It’s low maintenance, and these can retail anywhere from $400-700 a piece. Crazy!
Ivy grows quickly, so you should have your topiary in no time!
Obelisk Garden Trellis
- 3-5 Ft in height
Large Outdoor Planter
3-5 Bags of potting soil
- The amount will depend on the size of the planter. It is ok to get extra, the potting soil will settle and you will need to add more over time.
4 Ivy plants
- I am including English Ivy and a Variegated (2 tone) variety
- Fill the pot with the potting soil and water the soil to compact it down. Add additional potting mix if needed.
- Put the Garden Obelisk in the planter and secure in the dirt
- Plant the Ivy near the 4 corners of the Garden Obelisk
- Secure the Ivy onto the Garden Obelisk using the plant tape
Ivy Topiary Project Complete! XOXO Katie