My mom has always been known as the queen of flower arrangements. She makes sure if she is having a party there is a beautiful arrangement in every room. Also if someone is coming to visit there is definitely a small nosegay by the bed.
Flowers immediately elevate any event, mood, or decor. Since they have such a level of importance shouldn’t we all know how to quickly throw together an arrangement?
I’ve put together my top things to focus on how to build a beautiful arrangement.
Flower Arrangements How To:
- Get a “Frog”: These will stabilize the arrangement. These are really important if you are doing larger arrangements, they will help the flowers stay in place. Go ahead and place at the bottom of the “vase”.
2. Fill the Vase with water and add a splash of bleach (this will keep the water clean)
3. I like to soak my flowers for a while in room temperature water, at least 30 minutes
3. Cut each flowers stem at an angle and remove the leaves from the stem. (this will allow the flower to drink and will get all the water to focus on the flower instead of the leaves)
4. Start building your arrangement with the heavier flowers first (those with the wider stems)
5. Place those into the Frogs, one heavier flower on each side of the arrangement, opposite each other, and then in the middle. (Technically you would need a minimum of 5 heavier flowers. ie. hydrangeas) That is also all relative depending on the other types of flowers you are using.
3. Layer in the flowers
4. Use greenery to fill in the gaps
That’s high level, all that’s to it, just always make sure you are selecting a variety of flowers that obviously go together color wise.