Does anyone else feel like plants are so expensive these days? love getting new plants, giving them as gifts, or just sharing the love with friends just because, so it’s great to be able to root your own plants from cuttings.
Rooting your own plants is an easy way to save money, and get something new to look free of charge. I am sharing a general, easy way to propagate that should work on most plants.
- Select a healthy plant with a lot of foliage (you don’t want to kill a plant by taking vital foliage or propagate from an unhealthy plant)
- Select a stem that does not have a flower and cut at a 45 Degree Angle with Clean Shears
- Take off excess leaves and leave a couple at the top
- Place freshly cut side in Root Hormone to protect plant
- Place directly in soil or clean water
- If in soil, add epsom salt to water and water every other week
- Allow plant to root (can take a couple of days up to a couple of weeks.