One of my favorite drinks for the spring and summer are Mint Julep’s! If you like bourbon and haven’t had one you are missing out big time. Not only is it a breeze to make, but it’s so refreshing on a hot summers day.
I am sharing the Mint Julep recipe my mom shared with me that is delicious, easy to make, and has minimal ingredients.
I try to keep my drinks as low calorie as possible so you will see me make sugar substitutions in a lot of my recipes for Stevia.
Mint Julep Ingredients
- 3 Packs of Stevia
- Mint Julep Cup or Jefferson Cup (You need a glass that will hold the cool in)
- Crushed Ice
- Bourbon (I prefer Bulleit or Woodford Reserve)
- Pour the Stevia packets in the bottom of the cup of choice
- Tear off 10 leaves or enough to put a few layers at the bottom of the cup
- Then put a few drops of filtered water at the bottom of the glass only the tiniest bit
- Begin muddling the mint, stevia, and water together once you start to smell the mint and I usually wait until the water turns green from the leaves
- Once the ingredients are muddle go ahead and pack the cup with crushed ice
- Pour two shots over the crushed ice
- Stir ingredients with long spoon
- Once everything is combined, fill the glass back with crushed ice
- Garnish with Mint
They are strong, so obviously drink responsibly!