My mom has been making this trifle recipe for us for as far back as I can remember and has definitely perfected it over time. In general, I am obsessed with light dessert recipes that incorporate fruit. It makes me feel better about consuming a ton of sugar. The added bonus here is it is easy to make and you can feed a dinner party. It is also even better for left overs.
- 1 Pound Cake (Diced)
- 2 Cartons of Organic Strawberries (Sliced)
- 2 Kiwi’s (Peeled & Sliced
- 2 Cartons of Organic Blueberries
- 6 Banana’s (Peeled & Sliced)
- 1 Large Carton of Cool Whip (Make sure it sits out prior to putting together the trifle to become more pliable)
- 1 Clear Trifle Dish
- Clean all fruit and place in separate dishes (we usually sprinkle fruit with Stevia and let sit for 30 minutes prior to construction)
- Place a Layer of Diced Pound Cake on the bottom of Trifle Dish (Make sure to completely cover the bottom
- Completely cover the diced pound cake with a layer of cool whip
- Place cut strawberries around the outer edge so the center is visible on the outside of the dish
- Add strawberries in the center to cover the cool whip
- Add another layer of cool whip and make sure to build up around the sides and completely cover the strawberries
- Place a layer of blueberries and remember to build up around the sides
- Add another layer of cool whip above the blueberries and layer up on the sides
- Layer in the bananas and make sure you have the cut pieces showing on the sides
- Add another layer of cool whip above the bananas and layer up on the sides
- Layer in another layer of pound cake
- Cover pound cake layer with cool whip
- Repeat steps as many times as you need to, but remember you will need to finish with the cool whip topping.
- On top for the aesthetic part make sure you decorate with the kiwis, strawberries, and blueberries (Bananas don’t look the best over time.
Hope you enjoy this trifle recipe as much as I do. XOXO Katie