If there is one thing I love in winter and especially around the holiday season is a bourbon drink. My go to’s are typically Hot Toddy’s or an old fashioned. Sometimes I like to step out a little and this cocktail is exceptional.
It’s also not incredibly complex to make and I love that about it. Especially if I want to share the love with my friends. The apple cider is a beautiful complement to the maple and bourbon flavors. I am including the recipe below for you to browse.
- 1.5 Oz Bourbon (My preference is Bulleit-they also have a Rye for my corn allergy friends)
- 2 Oz Apple Cider (love Trader Joe’s unflitered)
- 1 TSP of Maple Syrup (all Natural REAL)
- .5 Oz of Lemon Juice (only fresh squeazed)
- Cinnamon Stick for Garnish
- Tablespoon of Brown Sugar (for glass rim)
- Teaspoon of Cinnamon (for glass rim
- Slice of lemon
- Cocktail Shaker
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon on a plate to dip the rim of the glasses in.
- Go ahead and use the slice of lemon around the rim of the glass to coat.
- Once the rim of the glass is coated stick the glass rim on the plate to coat with the cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Pour ice into the glasses
- Combine all the liquid ingredients in the cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake for 30-60 seconds until shaker is ice cold
- Pour contents over ice and garnish with a cinnamon stick.