Nothing says the holidays like cookies and baked goods. I personally like all the sweets, but one of my favorite things is just a simple sugar cookie. Finding good sugar cookie recipes that are easy to make is a bigger challenge than you might think.
I stumbled upon this easy sugar cookie recipe from “add a pinch.” and it checks both boxes. It was really easy to make and she does mention that you don’t have to roll out the dough which is awesome. We did roll out the dough because we wanted to do festive shapes for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies
- Peppermint crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and make sure to line cookie sheets with Parchment Paper for an easy clean up.
- Combine together softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and mix until well-combined. (Don’t overdue)
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until well-combined. Mix in vanilla.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Add granulated sugar to a large bowl for rolling cookie dough in before baking. Place each ball of cookie dough into the bowl of granulated sugar and roll to coat well. Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2-inches to 2 inches apart.
- Place peppermint crumbles on top of each ball.
- Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (EASY TO BURN SO WATCH THE COOKIES CAREFULLY!)