Anyone that knows me knows oysters are my jam. I love all types of oysters, so I love being able to go into an oyster bar and select a variety as a sampler. It’s so fun to test them out and see which ones you like better than others. Oyster Bars are a whole experience for me.
Some of my favorite oyster bars are in Charleston, along with some of my favorite restaurants. The food scene in Charleston is just so good. If you are looking for oysters on the half shell, the below are definitely top of mind with some great selections from both the east and west coast.
- Great Oysters on the half shell
- Cocktail menu is so good
- Atmosphere is really shabby chic casual
- Indoor & Outdoor Dining
- Lunch or Dinner
- Affordable for Charleston
- North king Street option:up and coming area
2. The Ordinary
- Great date night or night out with friends
- Raw bar with fresh oysters
- Great Cocktails
- Pricier option atmosphere is dressy casual
- King Street option, walk around after or before dinner.
3. Amen Street
- Great option for lunch/dinner spot
- If you are looking for a good bar to go sit and have a dozen oysters this is a cool spot really close to the market
- Casual, Blake & I love to just stroll in during our walks and grab a dozen
- Everything here is good, literally everything
- Shem Creek option
- Awesome cocktails
- Dressy Casual
- Amazing Bloody Mary & Cocktail Menu
- Fun Atmosphere
- Great lunch & Brunch Spot
Also, if you are just looking for an oyster shot, Pearlz will always be my go to and that’s really close to the market. Nothing fancy, but they actually put the shot together for you which is nice. 🙂
Hope you enjoy these spots as much as I do!