There is nothing better on a hot summer day than a perfect, simple, and fresh Margarita. I get so much joy when drinking a margarita that has fresh lime juice and a little bit of carbonation, it literally makes for the perfect margarita recipe. An immediate no for me would be a sour mix situation, who wants a sour, fake lime juice margarita?
This recipe creates the perfect balance of ingredients, and of course my favorite tequila for the price and quality Casamigos. The trick to any good classic margarita is using fresh lime juice and blanco tequila. Whenever you venture out in the tequila genre you get farther away from a classic.
- 2 Oz Blanco Tequila
- 1.5 Oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 Packet Stevia in the Raw (use for low calorie/sugar)
- 1.5 Oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Top Chico Topper
- Lime for garnish
- Kosher Salt (Rim of Glass)
- Place ice in your shaker, and pour in Tequila, Triple Sec, Stevia, Lime Juice
- Place lid on shaker, and shake for about 10 seconds or until outside of shaker is cold
- Use lime slide to move over the rim of the glass, and place kosher salt on small plate
- Turn Glass upside down and place rim in the salt for glass garnishment
- Pour ingredients over ice into a fresh glass
- Top with Topo Chico to taste (less for boozier preferance)
- Garnish with lime