Last year I started ordering my groceries online and made the mistake of ordering 6 bundles of bananas instead of just 6 individual bananas. If you have ever ordered online you have probably experience some version of this. However, with all of those bananas I was literally trying whatever recipe I could find to put them in. I ended up adding them to Pumpkin Bread to make Banana Pumpkin Bread.
I absolutely love pumpkin bread, but sometimes it can end up dry, so when I added the bananas into the recipe I realized the combo was amazing and kept the bread from becoming too dry. The pumpkin and banana flavors also pair really nicely together.
Banana Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- 3 Cups of Flour (Prefer King Arthur’s)
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Tbs. Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Over Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees, and grease the loaf pan so it’s ready to go.
- Stir together Flour and all the dry ingredients, EXCEPT the sugar.
- Beat the Sugar and all the wet ingredients together.
- Combine the dry ingredient mixture with the sugar mixture
- Once mixtures are combines pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.